Mural Mini-Residency with En Root House
Our good pals at En Root House are looking for outdoor muralists to help beautify their small hostel in exchange for free lodging.
Located in the historic Highland Park area you'll be just minutes away from downtown Chattanooga, including bars, restaurants, parks, hiking trails, the zoo, museums, art galleries and coffee shops. Bikes are available to borrow and there is a bus stop a block away, so there's no excuse to not get downtown!
The fence that goes around En Root House will act as blank canvases for the Mini Residency Artists. There are several smaller 'panels' that makeup the sides of the fencing and one long, unbroken panel that makes up the back of the fence. The photos below demonstrate the makeup and general size of the panels.
Choose Your Panel
Applicants will specify which panel they want to paint. The panels are a manageable size and mostly composed out of corrugated sheet metal. They are approximately 6' tall by 6'wide, but they do vary slightly from panel to panel.
WHAT YOU PROVIDE
- Outdoor Mural
- Material and Supplies (including paint, brushes, etc)
- Travel/Food/Other living expenses
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Free lodging at En Root House for one to two weeks in one of the shared rooms
- Documentation with credit on the ARC webpage
- Opportunity to beautify Chattanooga and En Root House
You can find out more about En Root House, their location and amenities at their website. Hear about 2016 ARC resident Ryder Richard's experience with ARC, En Root, and Chattanooga:
How To Apply
Send an email to Info@ArcResidency.org with the following information:
- Contact Details (Full name & phone number)
- 5 - 10 images of previous work, preferably murals or large-scale paintings
- Proposal sketches of your planned mural
- Preferred dates to complete the mural